Sunday, 2 August 2015

Greek Orthodox Church in Ramallah

Earlier today, I had the pleasure and privilege of attending yet another church service in Palestine. I went to the Ramallah Greek Orthodox Church. I did not understand most of what was said, but it was great to see how packed it was with people who came to worship God. I pray that all people one day get to know Christ, and that his teachings of love and forgiveness and justice soak into the hearts of the people here and all across the world.

The church from the outside.


Some of the artwork (1).

Some of the artwork (2).

The altar.

The choir. Unlike in my church and the church my family goes to, all the music was choral. There were no instruments at all. This has also been the case in other Palestinian churches I have went to.

People leaving at the end of the service. As beautiful as the building was, it was even more beautiful to see it packed with people who came to praise and worship God.

End of the service. I found the singing especially beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment