Saturday, 25 July 2015

More random pictures from Palestine

Palestinian kids in Hebron showing off their bicycles.

Shopkeepers in Hebron sitting at their stalls, as a group of Israeli soldiers walk by on a patrol.

A Melkite Catholic Church in Bethlehem, where I went for Mass one Sunday. Other than the words "Yasua" (Jesus), "salaam" (peace) and "Allah" (God), I didn't really catch much else. It was a nice experience, though, and it was great to be worshiping God with my fellow Christians, even if I did not understand most of what they were saying. There was a lot of incense and people crossed themselves many times, similar to a Ukrainian Catholic Church I once went to for Mass in my home city. It was a great experience.


An Israeli soldier demanding to see an ISMers passport, in Hebron. The settler teenager beside him swore at one of our female ISMers, calling her a "sharmuta" (whore, in Hebrew). Then, to show us his intellectual prowess and skillful ability to co-ordinate verbal speech and hand motions, said something else in Hebrew and showed us the middle finger. We all stood amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment